Your Next Chapter Is Waiting.
We’re Here To Guide You To It

Compassionate Representation For Child Support In Middle Tennessee

Whether you are going through a divorce or are an unwed parent struggling to make ends meet, child support can make all the difference. At The Law Office of Martin Sir & Associates, we are here to help you fight for the child support order you need within the confines of the Tennessee Child Support Guidelines.

Both parents are legally obligated to financially support their children after a divorce, regardless of custody and visitation arrangements. Child support payments are determined based on the income level and resources of each parent, the amount of time that the child spends with each parent and any unique needs the child might have associated with their care.

The court may require that the higher-earning or noncustodial spouse pay child support in order to fulfill their duties as a providing parent. Because higher-income typically means higher child support payments, noncustodial parents may attempt to purposely lower their income to avoid paying higher amounts of child support. In this case, courts may impute income from a parent who is below their earning capacity to ensure that they are fairly fulfilling their obligation of care to their child.

The State of Tennessee Child Support Guidelines can seem overwhelming for a layperson to understand. In general terms, the Child Support Worksheet formula identifies the number of children to be supported, their ages, the number of days (overnights) that the child(ren) resides with each parent, the gross monthly income of each parent, and may provide other credits to each parent such as cost of work-related childcare and health insurance premiums.

Retain Competent And Efficient Representation

The Law Office of Martin Sir & Associates is dedicated to helping parents determine the amount of child support they may have to pay or that they might receive. Take the first step and contact us today by calling 615-813-4355, texting 615-218-7131 or filling out our online inquiry form.